Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New.

This is not a resolution. This is just to let you know that I've lit the first fire of the year, that the back yard has that heave-slush that comes after two days of fifty-degree rain and an overnight hard freeze, that the geraniums, in spite of my least efforts, continue to bloom out there on my desk in the building. This is to say that all three of us -- three, that still-oddest of numbers -- came back from Christmas sick, and that we have, on the main, recovered. This is to note that we break the first Monday of 2011 cloudless and pale blue. We expect a high in the forties. We expect dry conditions here for a few days. We may see snow on Friday. From where I sit in the kitchen, I can see the chimney on the shed. From where I sit in the kitchen, I can hear the Toad waking up. It is eleven in the morning. Probably there will be more to say.

No comments: